"Plarn-Tin" NOT "Plan-Tayne"
2 Medium, VERY ripe Plantains
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Cup (60 Mls) Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup (35g) Brown Sugar
1 3/4 Cup (200g) Self-Raising Flour
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Mash the plantains together in a bowl with a potato masher.
3. Add vanilla extract, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder, coconut oil and brown sugar to the plantains and mix well.
4. Fold in the self raising flour in two halves.
5. Once incorporated, grease a 2lb Loaf Tin with coconut oil.
6. Place mixture into loaf tin.
7. Place loaf tin into your preheated oven for 3o minutes.
8. Remove the cake from the oven, pierce with a skewer, if it comes out clean, your cake is ready! Leave to cool for at least 10 minutes.
2 Cloves of garlic
1/4 Sweet Red Pepper
1/4 Sweet Green Pepper
1/4 Sweet Yellow Pepper
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1/2 Tsp Paprika
1/2 Tsp All Purpose Seasoning
3 Tbsp Curry Powder
2 Medium Carrots
2 Medium Potatoes
1 Medium Sweet Potato
1 Vegetable Stock Pot
1/2 Can Coconut Milk
2 Medium Plantains
1. Melt 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
2. Sauté Garlic, Onion and Sweet Peppers
3. Once the onion is translucent, turn down the heat, add black pepper, paprika, all-purpose seasoning, curry powder
4. Add 200mls of water, cover the pan with a lid, turn heat to high
5. Peel carrots and cut into bite-size pieces, add to pan
6. Peel potatoes and cut into bite-size pieces, add to pan
7. Peel sweet potato and cut into bitesize pieces, add to pan
8. Add 200mls of Water
9. Add stock pot and mix, turn down heat, cover pan with lid to simmer
10. Peel Plantains, Cut into bitesize pieces
11. Add plantains to pan, mix
12. Replace lid, and allow to simmer for a further 15 minutes.
13. Serve with Rice. Enjoy!
1 Medium plantain
1. Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan.
2. Peel Plantain, cut in half and slice each half lengthwise into three slices
3. Place slices into hot oil, turn heat down to medium
4. Turn plantain over once the underside is golden brown
5. Remove from oil once both sides are golden brown
6. Place onto a kitchen towel to remove the excess oil